Documents you need for the Japan Tourist Visa Application
- Visit the Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs official website and download the Tourist Visa Application. Fill in the details carefully and sign it.
- Your passport must be valid for at least the next 6 months.
- There must be a minimum of 2 blank pages in your Passport.
- Get a Passport-size picture of yourself as per guidelines.
- Flight Itinerary and Daily Itinerary
- Civil status documents (as required): Birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.
- For a self-financing Trip: You need the last 3 months’ Bank Statement
- Your latest Income Tax Returns
- If you are employed: No Objection Certificate or a Letter of Employment
How to Get a Japan Tourist Visa?
- Contact and make an appointment with the Japanese Embassy to make for submission of your visa application.
- Collect the instructed documents in a folder.
- Submit the documents file at the Embassy or the travel agency.
- You will get the visa process completion alert.
- Claim your passport.
What are the guidelines for photographs to affix on the Travel Visa?
- There must be a White Background
- Dimensions: 4.5cm x 4.5cm
- You must be staring straight with a neutral facial expression
- The picture must have been taken in the last six months
- Your entire face must be visible
- Mention your name and birthdate on the back of the photograph
What is the time duration for a Japanese Tourist Visa to be processed?
From the beginning of the day, the Embassy or Consulate receives your completed visa application, the process runs for about 5 working days. However, this could exceed if they need a further examination of the application or if you need to submit additional documents.
Disclaimer Statement: This content is authored by an external agency. The views expressed here are that of the respective authors / entities and do not represent the views of Economic Times (ET). ET does not guarantee, vouch for or endorse any of its contents nor is responsible for them in any manner whatsoever. Please take all steps necessary to ascertain that any information and content provided is correct, updated, and verified. ET hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, relating to the report and any content therein.