More than 40 balloons, live bands, games, family activities highlight this weekend-long event
From Sept. 9 to 11, Conner Prairie’s Jupiter Flights Balloon Festival weekend will once again fill central Indiana’s skies with colorful balloons originating from throughout the United States. Indiana’s largest balloon festival will feature 42 balloons competing in balloon races and “glows” throughout the weekend.
The festival also offers a variety of family-friendly entertainment – live bands, flight simulators, remote control airplanes, bubble workshops, live bird shows and more. Special snacks and drinks will also be available for purchase.
- Pre-event morning live-shot of one or more hot air balloons on Tuesday, Sept. 6 – (weather dependent) with back-up days of Sept. 7 or 8.
- 7:30 p.m., Friday, Sept. 9 and Saturday, Sept. 10 – Balloon glow: Fifteen new hot air balloons illuminate the grounds of Conner Prairie each night.
- 7 am, Saturday, Sept. 10 and Sunday, Sept. 11: Balloon pilots compete with one another in a fun race called “fly on task.”
- 10 am to 5 pm, Saturday, Sept. 10: Hundreds of families will fill the Conner Prairie grounds learning about and experiencing the freedom of flight, with numerous family-friendly activities.
The morning balloon competition is free. Saturday activities at Conner Prairie from 10 am to 5 pm are included with General Admission to Conner Prairie. Festival Tickets for the evening activities are on sale now at connerprairie.org/Jupiter-flights-balloon-festival.
Friday, Sept. 9
- 6 to 9 pm: Watch exciting “fly on target” hot air balloon competitions and enjoy live music from Stella Luna and the Satellites (6:15 and 7:15 pm), bounce houses, corn maze, concessions and more. At 7:30 pm, the evening balloon glow features more than 15 balloons illuminating the grounds of Conner Prairie.
Saturday, Sept. 10
- 7 to 9 am (free event): Cheer for your favorite balloon as they fill the sky for an exciting “fly on task” competition where the pilots strive to land on a target.
- 10 am to 5 pm: Enjoy a variety of fun and educational family activities, as all of Conner Prairie’s experiences feature “flight theme,” including live performances, a bird show; a flight simulator from LIFT academy; remote control airplanes club; flight outreach programs in Spark!Lab and Discovery Station; learn about the science of flight in hunting; explore seeds in flight; and participate in a bubble workshop.
- 6 to 9 pm: Watch exciting “fly on target” hot air balloon competitions and enjoy live music from Toy Factory (6:15 to 7:15 pm), bounce houses, corn maze, concessions and more. At 7:30 pm, the evening balloon glow features 15 new balloons illuminating the grounds of Conner Prairie.
Sunday, Sept. 11
- 7 to 9 am (free event): Cheer for your favorite balloon as they fill the sky for the final “fly on task” competition where the pilots strive to land on a target and be awarded grand champion.