For the northern winter season, Frontier Airlines is expanding its network in Phoenix (PHX) with 10 new domestic routes, increasing its offering to 22 destinations from Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).
This announcement was made at PHX’s newly renovated Terminal 3 where Frontier CEO Barry Biffle, Phoenix Councilwoman Ann O’Brien and Sky Harbor Airport Director of Aviation Services Chad Makovsky were in attendance.
“Frontier Airlines will launch new nonstop service from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) to Philadelphia (PHL), Baltimore-Washington (BWI), Orange County, California (SNA), Seattle-Tacoma (SEA), Minneapolis-Saint Paul ( MSP), Portland (PDX), Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood (FLL), Nashville (BNA), Indianapolis (IND) and Kansas City (MCI) in November 2022 and January 2023. To celebrate, America’s Greenest Airline is offering fares as low as $ 19, »Biffle said.
– Advertisement –
Starting in November, the low-cost airline is opening a new crew base in Phoenix (PHX) where it expects to employ up to 180 pilots and 275 flight attendants.
According to data obtained by Aviacionline through the Cirium platform, for this summer season, Frontier consolidated its position as the fifth largest airline operator at Sky Harbor Airport (PHX) with a capacity of 32,096 seats per week in 162 air operations and a 3.4% market share, also in the second largest airline in Phoenix (PHX), only behind Southwest Airlines.
“Frontier Airlines is making rapid progress in Phoenix, and these ten new routes mark the growth of business and leisure travelers choosing our great city as a destination,” said Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego.
“We are grateful for the commitment Frontier has made to its crew base and the employment opportunities it provides. More people will discover why Phoenix is a great vacation destination, a business hub, and a place to call home, »she added.
New Frontier Airlines routes at Phoenix – Sky Harbor (PHX)
- Philadelphia (PHL) daily flights beginning November 5, 2022.
- Orange County (SNA) daily flights beginning November 5, 2022.
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) daily flights beginning November 5, 2022.
- Portland (PDX) three times weekly beginning November 6, 2022.
- Baltimore (BWI) daily flights beginning November 17, 2022.
- Nashville (BNA) three times weekly beginning January 12, 2023.
- Kansas City (MCI) three times weekly beginning January 12, 2023.
- Seattle – Tacoma (SEA) four times weekly beginning January 13, 2023.
- Minneapolis (MSP) four times weekly beginning January 13, 2023.
- Indianapolis (IND) twice weekly beginning January 13, 2023.
See also: Frontier Airlines to launch flights between Denver and West Palm Beach