There’s something about stepping into a hotel room that has been prepared with the utmost care and hospitality when, upon entering, you are immediately transported into vacation mode. But what if the lodging in question was a bastion of botanical beauty, a customizable green space that’s both luxurious and lush with verdant plant life?
All this and more is possible at the Healdsburg gem and sustainable haven of the h2hotel. Located in beautiful California Sonoma County, the property is a stunning oasis from top to bottom, from its undulating green roof to its eco suites that can be decked out in made-to-order greenery. A home away from home, the hotel’s “Living” Room package is a plant lover’s dream; a gardener’s getaway that’s meant for maximizing and relaxing while soaking up Healdsburg’s horticultural vibes—both on and off the property. And while it may be tempting to simply stay put amid the room’s green garden setting, the Healdsburg area offers plenty of reasons to get outside and soak up the stunning scenery, too.
About The Healdsburg h2hotel
Located in the heart of California’s lush Sonoma Valley, the h2hotel in Healdsburg is a botanical beauty that gives guests a chance to have a green thumb—even while on vacation. A bastion of sustainability, the horticultural haven allows guests to create a home away from home through a plant program that’s fully customizable and adds a lush, luxurious layer to any stay. Itself an organic wine country oasis, the hotel’s collaboration with local organic flower farm Dragonfly Floral allows guests to deck out their lodgings with their “Living” Room package—a verdant way to bedeck their boudoir with a variety of pretty plant offerings; and the perfect complement to hr2otel’s already sustainable surroundings.
The Posh Plant Perks
The “Living” Room package allows guests to choose from a variety of plants on tap from Dragonfly Farm’s extensive selection of everything from ficus to ferns. The customizable, fresh foliage right at guests’ fingertips is designed to “create a lush home away from home…and adds a refreshing layer of fun to a stay,” according to Piazza Hospitality, the owners of h2hotel.
- Choose from a variety of lush, living plants from the organic flower farm Dragonfly Floral.
- Take home a (living) memory with a keepsake plant to take home ($50 value)
- “Living” Room styling costs $200 and does not include the nightly rate (Eco Suites start at $649/night). Check the hotel website for additional rate information
- Take a complimentary trip to Dragonfly Floral to stop and smell their more than 1,500 rose varieties
More h2hotel Luxe And Sustainable Amenities
The Haute horticultural styling amenity is just one of many posh green perks offered by h2hotel as part of their mission to provide luxury eco-friendly experiences in Sonoma Wine Country. Dominated by plant-powered settings and deceptively simple decor, the h2hotel combines luxury amenities with sustainable style to create a unique haven that’s understated yet elegant. Below are just some of the hotel’s best onsite perks that guests can expect during their beautiful botanical getaway.
- Solar heated creekside pool
- Onsite restaurant spoonbar
- Complimentary Tesla and Universal charging stations
- Daily Sonoma continental breakfast
- In-Room water bars; 100% Egyptian cotton linens and robes; signature bath products
- Complimentary Ashtanga Yoga Class (Sunday mornings)
- Bike Storage and free three-hour bike rental
- Variety of onsite events, including happy hour, wine tastings, and yoga
Things To Do Nearby Healdsburg’s h2hotel
Although guests may be tempted to spend their vacation ensconced in a custom-designed horticultural retreat, there are a number of amazing activities to explore in lovely Healdsburg; from Sonoma wineries to fun on two wheels, there’s something for everyone in this stunning wine country setting.
- Hit the road with an unforgettable biking adventure on the lovely Healdsburg Loopor get your wine on with the scenery Vineyard Route
- There are a number of wineries (over 100!) near the h2hotel that are perfect for wine lovers and scenic nature lovers alike—many just a bike ride away. Zinfandel fans will love Dry Creek Valleywhile flavor connoisseurs will love the variety of Alexander Valley options.
- Get pampered at The Spa Hotel Healdsburg.
- Explore Healdsburg’s vibrant downtown Plaza; take in the town’s Farmer’s Market Saturdays and Tuesdays, then head to the Healdsburg Museum for a taste of Hamburg history.
- Have some beachy fun at Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach, located near the historic Memorial Bridge
- Head to the nearby Russian River Valley for some adventures on the water
Where To Dine In Healdsburg
The hotel’s onsite restaurant spoon bar serves up delicious meals Wednesday through Sunday, and their seasonal Cali cuisine and back garden patio are perfect for soaking up those relaxing vineyard vibes. However, the Healdsburg area also offers guests a reason to venture off the property with a variety of delish restaurant options within walking distance that are sure to please any palate.
- bardiva is locally-sourced, farm-fresh goodness on a plate. 231 Center Street
- Dry Creek Kitchen‘s contemporary CA menu is ever-changing and always delicious. 317 Healdsburg Avenue
- Single Thread has an eleven-course, customized tasting menu that makes for a one-of-a-kind culinary experience. 131 North Street
- Willi’s Seafood & Raw Bar is the place to be for fresh seafood (especially oysters!) and an amazing wine list. 403 Healdsburg Avenue
- Campo Fino offers Mediterranean favorites with a twist—be sure to try their pizzas! 220 Healdsburg Avenue
Exemplary lodging is a large part of any unforgettable getaway—but what if guests could customize their own lush horticultural haven, complete with hand-picked plants that are big on green-thumbed authenticity and sumptuous sustainability? All this (and more) can be found at the lovely Healdsburg gem h2hotel, located in the stunning surroundings of Sonoma Wine Country. With the Haute hotel’s “Living” Room package, guests can transform their already eco-friendly room into a delightful den filled with plant life for the ultimate retreat. Add on a plethora of onsite amenities and plenty of offsite activities, and guests will find the perfect balance of lush lodging and all the relaxation and recreation of Sonoma County–right at their fingertips.