It’s an easy way to save money on deliveries of everyday items.
- Gopuff is a delivery app that has groceries, alcohol, home essentials, and more.
- Eligible Chase credit cards offer up to $ 10 in statement credits per month on Gopuff orders.
Recently, I was taking a look at the benefits for one of my Chase cards (exciting, I know). One I hadn’t seen before that caught my eye was a $ 10 monthly statement credit from Gopuff through Dec. 31, 2023. My first thought was “What’s Gopuff?” I also wondered if this was one of those features that’s exceedingly difficult to use.
Fortunately, that wasn’t the case. Gopuff is a delivery app with low order minimums that’s available in over 1,000 cities. Most Chase credit cards have the statement credit offer, and you can use it multiple times per month if you have multiple eligible cards.
I’ve just started using it, and I’ve already saved $ 30 on three orders. Combined and with tips included, these orders totaled $ 52, so the credits brought the cost down to barely more than $ 20. Suffice to say, I’m a big fan.
How Gopuff works
At first glance, Gopuff looks like DoorDash, Instacart, and the many other delivery apps that bring food and other items to your door. The twist with Gopuff is that it has its own warehouses stocked with products. Most delivery apps send their shoppers to the store for you, but Gopuff delivers directly from these warehouses.
There are a few advantages of Gopuff’s approach:
- Deliveries are often faster than with other apps. Since it sends orders out from its warehouse, drivers don’t need to stop anywhere.
- It offers a low delivery fee of $ 2.95. Orders containing regulated products, such as alcohol and tobacco, have an additional $ 2.95 fee. There’s also a membership program, Gopuff Fam, that offers free deliveries for $ 5.95 per month.
- It has low order minimums. According to Gopuff’s website, the order minimum depends on your area. In Los Angeles, the order minimum I’ve seen is $ 12.95.
- It’s open late. This depends on the market, but in many areas, Gopuff delivers 24/7.
You also don’t need to spend any time picking out which store to shop from on Gopuff. If you can never decide which grocery store to choose on other apps, it’s nice not worrying about that.
So, what’s the catch? Products on Gopuff tend to be more expensive than they would be elsewhere. The best way to describe it is that Gopuff has convenience store prices, not grocery store prices.
It also has a much smaller selection. The Gopuff website says it has 4,000 products, and there’s certainly a lot you can find there. Still, options are more limited than with other delivery options.
I wouldn’t use Gopuff to do a big grocery delivery order and stock up on food for the week. But when you just need a few things, that’s where it shines. It’s the app you can use when you find out your milk went bad, or you ran out of toothpaste, and you don’t want to bother running to the store.
How the Chase and Gopuff offer works
Chase’s partner offer with Gopuff is as easy as it gets. Here’s what to do:
- Add your eligible Chase credit card to your Gopuff account.
- Make a purchase using the Gopuff app or website.
- You’ll automatically receive a $ 10 statement credit.
As explained earlier, it’s a monthly credit, and it lasts through Dec. 31, 2023.
The best part is that you can get this offer with every eligible Chase card you have, and most Chase cards qualify. The offer is available with the Chase Freedom cards, the Chase Sapphire cards, as well as the card issuer’s airline and hotel credit cards. You can see a full list on the Gopuff website in the offer terms.
All you need to do is add each of your eligible cards to your Gopuff account. Then, make sure you cycle through which card you pay with so you can get multiple statement credits.
For example, I started by adding my Chase Sapphire Reserve®, placed an order with it, and got a $ 10 credit. Next time around, I used my Chase Freedom Unlimited® for another $ 10 credit.
Gopuff’s mainly available in larger cities, and it’s not as widespread as some of the most popular delivery apps. If it’s in your area and you have an eligible Chase card, it’s definitely worth checking out when you want to get a couple of items delivered quickly.
Top credit card wipes out interest until 2023
If you have credit card debt, transferring it to this top balance transfer card secures you at 0% intro APR into 2023! Plus, you’ll pay no annual fee. Those are just a few reasons why our experts rate this card as a top pick to help get control of your debt. Read our full review for free and apply in just 2 minutes.