Hello all! It’s Kristen, your host of the Dunedin Daily. Here’s all the local news you need to know right now.
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout out your big announcement at the top of the Dunedin Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding or new baby, let everyone celebrate alongside you! Submit your announcement here.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 91 Low: 77.
Big love to our premier local sponsors. We couldn’t keep the community informed without you!
- Want to support local artists in Dunedin? Studio 1212 Art Gallery at 234 Monroe St. in Dunedin is a non-profit art gallery managed by award-winning local artists from our area. The gallery features original artwork, prints and cards and has a popular boutique of hand-crafted gift items. Hours are 11am – 3pm Wednesday to Sunday or visit studio1212.org to shop and to see exhibition schedules. And to support local artists by becoming a Patron of Studio 1212, go here.
- Is mold in your home making you sick? If so, you need to call The Mold Girl. Owner Liz Keefer is a local Council-Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant with over 12 years of experience providing mold testing services. She will thoroughly assess your home for visible or hidden mold issues and create a comprehensive remediation & prevention plan to restore your indoor air quality. Call Liz at (727) 205-6020 to schedule your inspection for only $ 575 and mention Patch for $ 50 off.
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top three stories today in Dunedin:
- Looking for a reason to whip out the colored pencils and markers this weekend? Local artist Essie Bergen has created a one-of-a-kind Dunedin coloring book suitable for all ages! They come in two sizes starting at just $ 10 and make the perfect stress-relieving activity for anyone who loves our small community. She offers free local pickup, or if you’re lazy like me, there are shipping options on her website. Buy them online now before they’re sold out, and be sure to check out her other adorable Dunedin-inspired work! (Essie Bergen Artwork via Facebook | Essie Bergen Artwork)
- The Dunedin Fine Arts Center is hosting a Virtual Conversation today at 11 am with Vickie Pierre, a Florida-based multi-media artist of Haitian heritage. Pierre’s creative process is informed and inspired by memory, fantasy, surrealism, popular culture and the decorative and ornamental arts. DFAC’s curatorial team will be speaking to Vickie about the ideas and materials used to make the multifaceted works featured in her solo exhibit currently on view in the Entel Family Gallery through August 14. Those interested must register in advance on the DFAC’s website. (DFAC)
- SPACEcraft is now in Dunedin on Wednesdays and Fridays between 6:30 and 8 pm The Read / Grow SPACEcraft will be at Highlander Park until September 9, so be sure to take the family down there and check it out. It’s open for all ages to explore various free activities including book exchanges, paper making, seed planting, and more! (City of Dunedin via Facebook | Dunedin Gov)
Dunedin Daily Pic of the Day:
Want to see your Dunedin photo here? Submit it to Dunedin@Patch.com for consideration! Please confirm in the email that you own the rights to the photo, and that Patch has permission to republish it.
Today in Dunedin:
- Virtual Conversation with Vickie Pierre hosted by the DFAC (11 am)
- Women’s Social and Mini Market Day Out at Sea Sea Riders (1 pm)
- Kids Canvas Class at Art from the Heart Café (3 pm)
- Live music with Rockin ‘Rob at 1056 Main Street (5 pm)
- The Hot Mess Show at Dunedin Brewery (8 pm)
From my notebook:
- Did you know that thanks to Operation Kid-Float, you can borrow a lifejacket or PFD for the day? Operation Kid-Float is conveniently available at all county-owned boat ramps. As a reminder, Florida law requires that one lifejacket per passenger be readily accessible on the vessel at all times, and children under age six must always wear one while underway. (Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office via Facebook)
- The City of Dunedin Pipe Band has been hard at work for the last week preparing for its trip to Glasgow, Scotland to compete in the World Pipe Band Championships for the first time in Grade 1! Check out a short clip they posted from one of their last rehearsals before taking off. (City of Dunedin Pipe Band via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- New winter holiday-themed comic convention coming to Tampa Bay in 2022 (Details)
- Travel Agency – Cape Coral, FL – M and D Travel-Dream Vacations, Virgin Voyages Cruise Deals !! (Details)
- Add your announcement
- Tarot Card Readings and Intuitive Consultations with Nicole! One on One and / or Parties! (Details)
- Gorgeous & Substantial Statement Mirror (Details)
- Add your item
Thanks for following along and staying informed! I’ll see you soon.