Hello all. I’m back with your fresh copy of the Glen Burnie DailyCome along for everything you need to know about what’s happening in town these days…
First, today’s weather:
Intervals of clouds and sun. High: 88 Low: 69.
Here are the top stories today in Glen Burnie:
- Jet Blue airline has resumed flights at BWI airport. Flights from BWI to Boston’s Logan Airport have started again after being stopped in April 2020 due to the pandemic. As of now, these are the only flights that Jet Blue offers from BWI airport. (WTOP)
- Crownsville Veterans Cemetery had the honor of performing burial ceremonies for five veterans. The community stepped up for the veterans when it was found out they had no known family. “The crowds that showed up today warmed my heart,” said one person who attended the service. (WBFF)
- Many people have grown up watching Jayne Miller on WBAL channel 11. She asked the tough questions and got answers to burning questions. This past Wednesday, July 27, Miller retired. She has been with the network for more that 40 years. (WBAL)
- Two teens from Laurel were arrested in Glen Burnie on Thursday, July 28. The suspects are accused of robbing two people walking in the area of Phirne Road and Glen Mar Circle.
Today in Glen Burnie:
- The Rams Head On Stage in Annapolis presents “Texas Hill.” This is an all-ages show. Join them this Sunday, July 31 from 1 – 3 pm (Visit Maryland)
- The Upper Level Duo will be playing this Sunday, July 31. The show starts at 1 pm at the Rams Heads Dockside in Glen Burnie. Join then for good food and music. (All Events)
- Chris Tucker is LIVE at Maryland Live Casino! Get your tickets to see him this Sunday, July 31. Doors open at 5:30 pm and the show starts at 7 pm (Maryland Live)
From my notebook:
- Today is “Paperback Book Day” and “International Day of Friendship.” Today is the perfect day to share your favorite paperback book with a friend. Meet up at the library to discuss your love of books! (Holidays and Observations)
- Modern technology is great and having information at your fingertips is amazing! But there is nothing like have an actual book in your hand. The feel, the smell, the satisfaction of closing the book is something you’ll never get from an electronic device. Click on the link to see about getting your masterpiece bound for the world to read. (Gasch Printing)
- Not everyone is destined to become and author, but everyone can enjoy a good book. The best place to find a book is at your local library. But the library isn’t just for reading anymore! They offer much more. Click on the link to see what else the library has to offer. (Library/Glen Burnie)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Saturday!