Hello again, neighbors! I’m back with your new copy of the Dunedin Daily, fresh off the presses. Let’s get this day started off right, with a quick look at the most important things happening around town.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 93 Low: 77.
This great local business sponsors the Dunedin Daily. We love what they do, and we think you will, too:
Looking to buy or sell a home in the Dunedin area? Tammie Fraser at EXP Realty has lived in our area since 1979 and knows the rapidly changing Dunedin real estate market like few others. She specializes in educating and guiding sellers as well as helping first time buyers find the home of their dreams. For deep local knowledge and expertise, call Tammie at (330) 307-9538 and ask about a free seller’s report, or visit her here to learn more.
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top three stories in Dunedin today:
- Dunedin Public Library is hosting a virtual Author Talk with historian and Pulitzer Prize Winner, Dr. Marcia Chatelain. She will discuss her di lei Pulitzer prize-winning book di lei, Franchise: The Golden Arches in Black America on August 3 at 2:00 PM. Chatelain’s book was written after she set out to answer the question of how fast-food restaurants so thoroughly saturated black neighborhoods. It reveals a surprising history of cooperation among fast-food companies, black capitalists, and civil rights leaders, who – in the troubled years after Dr. King’s assassination – believed they found an economic answer to the problem of racial inequality. Those interested in the event can register online now. (Dunedin Public Library)
- Sunday, July 31 is International Lifeguard Appreciation Day! Ellis and Associates established this special day in 2020 to celebrate the lifeguards who keep our waters and children safe during the swim season. If you are out enjoying the water at your local pool or beach, the City of Dunedin asks that you take a moment to thank the lifeguards for all they do. They prevent water-related accidents from happening by being vigilant and enforcing the rules. Lifeguards follow rigorous training in swimming, rescue, CPR, and AED so they can be ready to respond to an emergency when necessary. Be sure to let them know you appreciate their efforts this weekend! (Dunedin Patch)
- Progressive Arts in Dunedin has made the news for presenting Beauty and The Beast this weekend TONIGHT at 7:00 PM at the Scottish American Society and on Saturday at 2:00 PM at the Dunedin Community Center. The show will be performed by professionals and pre-professionals. Additionally, many children with special needs will partake in the shows. Director Kirstin Stiff-Walker referred to the show as “a dreamy, joy-filled production with a stunning score and storyline that captures the heart as the audience invests in Belle and the Beast even if they know the ending.” Get your tickets now for just $ 15! (ABC Action News Tampa Bay)
Dunedin Daily Pic of the Day:
Thank you Jill Isaacson for submitting this photo of an incredible rainbow over the Dunedin Causeway!
Let’s see some puppy photos! Submit them to Dunedin@Patch.com for consideration! Please confirm in the email that you own the rights to the photo, and that Patch has permission to republish it.
Today in Dunedin:
- Free Concert By St. Petersburg Saxophone Quartet at the Dunedin Public Library (3:00 PM)
- Live music at Mangos And Marley (5:00 PM)
- Live music with Brian Leneschmidt at Beach Island Brewery (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Pinellas County Government wants to remind you that during hot and humid weather, your body’s ability to cool itself is challenged. When your body heats too rapidly to cool itself properly, or when too much fluid or salt is lost through dehydration or sweating, you may experience a heat-related illness. Learn the symptoms of excessive heat exposure and the appropriate responses at the links. (Pinellas County Government via Facebook | Weather.gov)
- Meet Kip, a two-year-old puppy available for adoption at Pinellas County Animal Services. At just 35 pounds, he’s the perfect size for any home. He loves to stay active with long walks, plenty of toys, and a ton of peanut butter! Contact Pinellas County Animal services to learn more about Kip and other dogs up for adoption! Remember, adopt, don’t shop! (Pinellas County Animal Services via Facebook | Pinellas County)
- Reminder: The St. Petersburg Saxophone Quartet is putting on a free concert TODAY at 3:00 PM in the Dunedin Public Library. No registration is required. (City of Dunedin via Facebook)
- Reminder: Opening day of SPACEcraft in Dunedin is scheduled for July 30 between 6:30 and 8:00 PM at Highlander Park. Click the link to learn more about the opening and future event dates. (Dunedin Gov)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- Tarot Card Readings and Intuitive Consultations with Nicole! One on One and / or Parties! (Details)
- Add your item
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Friday off right. See you all tomorrow for another update!