Good morning, everybody! It’s Kristen, your host of the Dunedin Daily – here to let you in on everything happening in town today. Let’s get to it!
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 91 Low: 78.
Big love to our premier local sponsors. We couldn’t keep the community informed without you!
- Is mold in your home making you sick? If so, you need to call The Mold Girl. Owner Liz Keefer is a local Council-Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant with over 12 years of experience providing mold testing services. She will thoroughly assess your home for visible or hidden mold issues and create a comprehensive remediation & prevention plan to restore your indoor air quality. Call Liz at (727) 205-6020 to schedule your inspection for only $ 575 and mention Patch for $ 50 off.
- Want to support local artists in Dunedin? Studio 1212 Art Gallery at 234 Monroe St. in Dunedin is a non-profit art gallery managed by award-winning local artists from our area. The gallery features original artwork, prints and cards and has a popular boutique of hand-crafted gift items. Hours are 11am – 3pm Wednesday to Sunday or visit studio1212.org to shop and to see exhibition schedules. And to support local artists by becoming a Patron of Studio 1212, go here.
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top three stories today in Dunedin:
- Did you know that nearly 48,000 households in Pinellas County will have a new evacuation zone this hurricane season? For this reason, it’s essential you check your evacuation zone as it may have changed. According to the City of Dunedin’s Facebook page, Pinellas County’s Emergency Management department updated evacuation zones for the 2022 hurricane season based on the latest storm surge data models from the National Hurricane Center and more accurate elevation data from the County. These data help determine where storm surge poses the greatest threat to life. You can quickly check if your zone has changed by entering your address at the link. (City of Dunedin via Facebook | Pinellas County Storm Tools)
- Soggy Bottom Brewery is hosting a free Open Mic Comedy Show TODAY July 28 at 8:00 PM. Participants have five minutes to tell some jokes or a funny story. The event will also feature a local comedian who will kick things off with a 15-minute set. This is a monthly event that repeats on the last Thursday of the month so if you can’t make it today, be sure to add it to your calendar for August! (Soggy Bottom Brewery via Facebook)
- Studio 1212 is kicking off the upcoming season with a new art exhibit titled “Favorite Quotes.” An opening reception for the exhibit is scheduled for August 14 between 1:00 and 4:00 PM at Studio 1212 Art Gallery in Dunedin. Attendees will have an opportunity to meet the artists at the reception event and view their creative interpretations of their favorite quotes. There will be live music and light refreshments. The exhibit will be up for viewing between August 10 and September 25. (TBN Weekly | Studio 1212)
Dunedin Daily Pic of the Day:
HAVE PHOTOS OF YOUR PETS IN TOWN? I WANT TO SEE THEM! Submit photos to Dunedin@Patch.com for consideration! Please confirm in the email that you own the rights to the photo, and that Patch has permission to republish it.
Today in Dunedin:
- Back-to-School Open House & Expo at the MLK Jr. Recreation Center (6:00 PM)
- Open Mic Comedy Show at Soggy Bottom Brewery (8:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Reminder: Dunedin Parks & Recreation’s Back to School Open House & Expo is TODAY in the MLK Jr. Recreation Center between 6:00 and 8:00 PM. Stop by for free school supplies and to visit with local exhibitors providing information about school resources and activities. (Dunedin Gov)
- The City of Dunedin is hiring a Utility Billing Technician to provide technical support to staff to ensure effective and efficient operations. Learn more about the position and how to apply at the link. (City of Dunedin via Facebook | Job Description)
- The City of Dunedin Pipe Band will perform at Rosie’s Tavern of Dunedin on July 30 at 6:00 PM! The band has been working hard to prepare for upcoming travels to Glasgow next week for the World Pipe Band Championships and to the Southern Branch Championship in October. (City of Dunedin Pipe Band via Facebook)
- Jade Soap Shop is hosting a Resin Beach Art Workshop on August 17 between 1:00 and 3:00 PM. Participants will learn to create beautiful beach art with an assortment of shells, colored beach glass, rocks, and more. It will be fixed with resin inside an 8 “x 10” frame. Personalize your creation by bringing your own sea shells or other mementos that you would like to encase in art resin. Tickets are $ 55 on Eventbrite. (Jade Soap Shop via Facebook | Eventbrite)
- Local artist, Cindy Abell, is hosting a Chandelier Making Q&A on August 9 at 6:30 PM in Cork And Bean coffee shop. This is a free event for anyone interested in learning how to make their very own outdoor chandelier. Abell only asks that you support the coffee shop by purchasing something to eat or drink. (Chandeliers of Dunedin via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- Tarot Card Readings and Intuitive Consultations with Nicole! One on One and / or Parties! (Details)
- Add your item
Gigs & services:
That’s it for today. I’ll see you around!