This post contains links to products from our advertisers, and we may be compensated when you click on these links. Our recommendations and advice are ours alone, and have not been reviewed by any issuers listed. Terms apply to offers listed on this page. Read our editorial standards.
- You can now apply for the brand-new Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card.
- This no-annual-fee card comes with a welcome bonus offer of 30,000 bonus points when you spend $ 1,500 in purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- It earns 3x points in terrific categories, including restaurants, travel, gas stations, and phone plans.
- Read Insider’s guide to the best rewards credit cards.
The unveiling of a new credit card is always exciting, and it’s even better when it comes with a compelling welcome offer, good benefits, and bonus categories that appeal to a wide range of customers. The brand-new Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card is a winner in all these respects.
The Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card starts new cardholders off with a welcome bonus offer of 30,000 bonus points when you spend $ 1,500 in purchases in the first 3 months from account opening (worth $ 300 in rewards).
Its bonus categories include lots of common everyday expenses, which make the Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card a real powerhouse for earning points. The card also offers a solid range of benefits, including car rental insurance and cell phone protection.
Here’s what to know about the new Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card if you’re thinking of applying.
We’re focused here on the rewards and perks that come with each card. These cards won’t be worth it if you’re paying interest or late fees. When using a credit card, it’s important to pay your balance in full each month, make payments on time, and only spend what you can afford to pay.
Wells Fargo Autograph Card: Now accepting applications
16.49%, 21.49%, or 26.49% Variable
Recommended Credit Score
Good to Excellent
16.49%, 21.49%, or 26.49% Variable
Recommended Credit Score
Good to Excellent
- Generous welcome bonus for a no-annual-fee card
- Great 3x earning rates in useful categories, including dining, travel, and gas stations (plus, earn 1x points on other purchases)
- Useful benefits including cell phone protection and Visa Signature concierge
- Minimum spending requirement to earn bonus is slightly higher than similar no-annual-fee cards
- No airline or hotel transfer partners
- Earn 30,000 bonus points when you spend $ 1,500 in purchases in the first 3 months – that’s a $ 300 cash redemption value
- Earn unlimited 3X points on the things that really add up – like restaurants, travel, gas stations, transit, popular streaming services, and phone plans. Plus, earn 1X points on other purchases
- $ 0 annual fee
- 0% intro APR for 12 months from account opening on purchases. 16.49%, 21.49%, or 26.49% variable APR thereafter
- Get up to $ 600 of cell phone coverage (subject to a $ 25 deductible) when you pay your monthly wireless bill associated with your cell phone with your eligible Wells Fargo credit card.
- Redeem your rewards points for travel, gift cards, or statement credits. Or shop at millions of online stores and redeem your rewards when you check out with PayPal.
- Enjoy a premium collection of benefits at a selection of the world’s most intriguing and prestigious hotel properties with Visa Signature Concierge.
- Select “Apply Now” to learn more about the product features, terms and conditions.
If you’ve been keeping up with Wells Fargo, you may notice some similarities between the Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card and the old Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card, which has been retired and isn’t accepting applications. Wells Fargo has given this new card a significant boost, with a broader range of bonus categories and perks.
In fact, this is the fourth card the issuer has launched in the past year, after the high-earning Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card (2% cash rewards on purchases) and Wells Fargo Reflect℠ Card, which has one of the longest introductory 0% APR offers available right now. Wells Fargo also partnered with Bilt Rewards earlier in 2022 to reissue the Bilt Mastercard®
The new Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card is a great addition to this lineup, and it’s sure to make some waves with its combination of strong rewards and no annual fee.
Welcome bonus offer and points earning
The intro bonus offer to earn 30,000 bonus points when you spend $ 1,500 in purchases in the first 3 months from account opening is worth $ 300 (1 cent per point), and you can use your rewards for a variety of redemptions, including travel, gift cards , statement credits, and at checkout using PayPal.
Beyond the welcome bonus, the card earns a generous 3 points per dollar in the following categories:
- Gas stations
- Popular streaming services
- Phone plans
This combination of bonus categories should be very useful for most households, especially because there are no spending limits to worry about. Some other cash-back cards with similar earning rates, like the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express and Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card, cap their 3% categories at a maximum amount of spending per quarter or year.
Introductory 0% APR offer
If you have big expenses coming up, the Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card has the potential to save you money on interest if you can’t pay off your purchases all at once. New cardholders receive a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from account opening, then a 16.49%, 21.49%, or 26.49% Variable APR.
While this is by no means the best introductory APR offer on purchases currently available, it’s a nice addition to an already valuable card. On the downside, there’s no intro balance transfer offer, so if that’s what you’re looking for, you’ll want to check out our guide to the best balance transfer credit cards instead.
Some no-annual-fee rewards credit cards are lean on perks, but that’s not the case with the Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card. It comes with a respectable range of benefits, including a few you don’t often see on this type of card .
- Cell phone protection: Up to $ 600 in coverage per claim ($ 25 deductible) with a maximum of two claims per 12-month period
- Car rental insurance: Secondary coverage in the US, primary otherwise
- Emergency cash disbursement and card replacement: If your card is lost, damaged, or stolen
- Roadside dispatch: Flat-rate pay-per-use roadside assistance
- Travel and emergency assistance services: Help with urgent needs like medical referrals, legal referrals, lost luggage location, and prescription assistance (all costs are the cardholder’s responsibility)
- Visa Signature Concierge Services: Assistance booking travel, restaurant reservations, event tickets, and more
- Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection: Premium, elite-like benefits at upscale hotels and resorts
- No foreign transaction fees
Of note, you won’t get purchase protection or extended warranty benefits when you use the Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card. If you plan to buy pricey items that can break, like electronics or gadgets, using a different card with purchase coverage is a better idea.
The new Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card offers a rare combination of a substantial welcome bonus and points earning, robust benefits, and no annual fee. If your typical spending patterns line up with its 3x bonus categories – dining, travel, gas stations, transit, phone plans, and streaming – (then 1x points earning on other purchses) it’s definitely worth a look.
However, if you already have other cards that earn higher rewards in those categories, opening the Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card might not be worth it. It’s rare to find a card that earns uncapped 3x points in such a useful range of categories, though, so if you’re looking for an all-purpose card, this might be the perfect fit.