First National Bank of Omaha and Visa have partnered with BP to launch a new fuel credit card: the BPme Rewards Signature Visa® card. The new credit card introduces a modern take on the traditional fuel card, improving customer benefits by combining the power of BPme Rewards with traditional credit card advantages, such as cash back rewards.
The BPme Rewards Signature Visa is an enhanced credit card offer with a helpful discount on gas from BP and Amoco gas stations. Members of the BPme Rewards loyalty program can add on existing discounts to save even more money. The new credit card can be used anywhere Visa is accepted.
There is no annual fee, and there’s also no limit to the rewards you can accrue. As families are feeling the pinch in their pocketbooks with heightened gas prices, inflation, and escalating interest rates, this new combination of fuel card plus rewards program can help offset the pain at the pump many drivers are experiencing.
BPme Rewards is a loyalty program administered through the similarly-named app that provides modest discounts on gas at any BP or Amoco gas station to registered users. Reward members receive five cents off per gallon for the first month. Afterward, users retain the five-cent-per-gallon savings with $ 100 fuel receipts each month. The app also guarantees a price match feature that compares nearby gas stations, so you’ll pay the lowest price per gallon. This subscription feature is available to BPme Rewards users for 99 cents per month.
“We put our customers at the heart of everything we do; this new BPme Rewards Visa gives the best rewards to our most loyal customers,” Lisa Blalock, vice president of marketing for BP, said in a press release. “We have enhanced the rewards, provided more choice in the way our customers can redeem, and made it simple to save money on all fuel and convenience store purchases at BP and Amoco.”
The new card offers rewards including:
- Special introductory offer: 30 cents off every gallon on BP and Amoco fuel purchases in the first 60 days after account opening
- 15 cents off every gallon automatically on BP and Amoco fuel purchases beyond the introductory period
- 5% cash back on non-fuel purchases at BP and Amoco stores (including convenience store and car wash purchases)
- 3% cash back on grocery purchases
- 3% cash back on dining purchases (including restaurants, take-out, and food delivery services)
- 1% cash back on all other qualifying purchases
While the bonus gas discounts only apply to BP or Amoco gas stations, the other rewards apply to purchases at any qualifying retailer. Card users receive the best discount when they combine the BPme Rewards Signature Visa with the BPme Rewards program. During the introductory period, drivers can snag a discount of up to 35 cents per gallon at BP and Amoco gas stations.
The card offers a number of redemption options: cash back, account statement credits, gift cards, or travel experiences.
- Healthy introductory offer for discounts at BP or Amoco gas stations
- No annual fee
- Combined discounts with the BPme Rewards program apply
- Unlimited rewards
- Multiple reward redemption options
- High APR
- Foreign transaction fee
- Gas discounts restricted to limited retailers