Welcome back, New London. Here’s all the local news, events, and community posts you need for Tuesday, Feb. 15.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and cold. High: 29 Low: 16.
Here are the top stories today in New London:
- Man Rammed New London Police Cruiser Evading Arrest: Police: A Groton man faces numerous charges after police say he rammed a cruiser in January. (New London Patch)
- I-95 North in New London Reopens After Tractor-Trailer Jackknifes: The wreck closed multiple lanes of the highway. (NBC Connecticut)
- This Week’s Events In New London Area (New London Patch)
- Who’s Hiring In And Around New London: This Week’s Newest Job Openings (New London Patch)
- New London County’s COVID cases fall 37.9%; Connecticut cases plummet 33% (Norwich Bulletin)
Today in New London:
- Children’s STEAM Take & Make: Galactic Exploration (12:00 AM)
From my notebook:
- Naval Submarine Base New London: “WINTER WEATHER UPDATE: SUBASE will DELAY OPENING until 1000, Monday, February 14 GROTON, Conn. – Due to greater than forecast snowfall, icing, as well as continuing and anticipated snow removal operations, Naval Submarine Base New Lond…”) Facebook)
- The Williams School: “Due to inclement weather Williams will move to distance learning on Monday 2/14” (Facebook)
- Congregation Beth El, New London, CT: “In case you missed our presentation this morning, here’s the link about the Three Stooges and Yiddish Theatre. https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fus02web.zoom.us% 2Frec%2Fshare%2FlE-QQ5BqMemJZtuP_2pABZ7S7pqxT…” (Facebook)
- Congregation Beth El, New London, CT: “In case you missed the presentation on Parkinson’s, here’s the link to the presentation on” (Facebook)
- Custom House Maritime Museum: “Black Heritage Trail uncovers little known stories of Black resilience Published February 12. 2022 3:46PM By Greg Smith Day staff writer email@example.com SmittyDay New London — Years of research by a dedicated group is providing a glim… (Facebook)
- Custom House Maritime Museum: “Thanks for a lovely Soiree. Happy Valentine’s Day!” (Facebook)
- Grampy’s Charities: “Happy Valentine’s Day! Help us spread the love! At Grampy’s Charities we support comfort & research based organizations transforming the lives of children. Consider a donation today! https://www.grampys.org/donate… . . # childrenscha…” (Facebook)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Pequot Avenue: “Does anyone know of a seamstress who does a good job creating throw pillows? – I’ve got the fabric, just need someone with good sewing skills.” (Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Lower New London: “Looking for a place to board our dog. – We used Tipping Rock years ago but apparently it’s closed. We might also be interested in someone staying at our house. Any recommendations?” (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the New London Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Tuesday. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Chris Rhatigan
About me: Chris Rhatigan is a freelance writer and editor.