BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — Winners of back-to-back games, the WKU women’s basketball team will host UTSA on Sunday at 1 pm looking to make it three straight.
Sunday’s game will be WKU’s Play4Kay Pink Game. The Lady Toppers currently have an online auction with various WKU Athletics gear and memorabilia. All proceeds will benefit the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. The auction can be found here.
WKU (16-7, 9-3 C-USA) vs. UTSA (5-17, 2-9 C-USA)
Sunday, Feb. 13 | 1 pm
Bowling Green, Ky. | EA Diddle Arena
Watch (CUSA.tv) | Listen (ESPN 102.7) | Live Stats
About the Lady Toppers
- WKU enters Sunday’s matchup as winners of back-to-back games after a thrilling overtime road win at Florida Atlantic on Thursday night in Boca Raton. The Owls led for most of the game, but WKU made a second half comeback that forced the game into overtime.
- The Lady Toppers’ defense has been strong this season. WKU has 265 steals on the season, the 10th most in the nation, and their 11.5 steals per game is 15th in the NCAA. Both of those marks lead C-USA. WKU is also forcing 21.09 turnovers per game which is the 16th best rate in the country.
- On the offensive side, WKU shares the ball at a high rate, notching 334 assists on the season which is second in C-USA and is 67th in the country. The Lady Toppers are the conference’s highest scoring team, putting up 72.4 points per game. WKU is efficient on offense, leading the conference in 3-point field goal percentage (32.8%) and is second in the league in field goal percentage (42.7%). The Lady Toppers have made 180 3-pointers this season, which is seventh most in program history with six regular season games left.
- Meral Abdelgawad is C-USA’s leading scorer, averaging 20.0 points per game, good for the 19th highest rate in the nation. Her 459 total points scored on the season leads the league and is 12th nationally. Her 61 steals lead the conference and is 19th among all NCAA players. She’s shooting 53.3 percent from the field on the season, which is third overall in the conference and the top percentage for a C-USA guard.
- Mead has the fifth most assists in the league with 81 on the season, which is the most of any freshman in the league. Macey Blevins is making 1.74 threes per game, which is 10th in C-USA.
Series History vs. UTSA
- WKU and UTSA have met only seven times in series history. The Lady Toppers lead the series, 5-2. WKU is 3-0 all-time against the Roadrunners in Bowling Green.
- The Lady Toppers have won four straight against UTSA, dating back to 2018.
- UTSA has a pair of conference wins this season against UAB and Florida Atlantic.
- Jadyn Pimentel (8.7) and LaPraisjah Johnson (8.6) are the Roadrunners’ leading scorers. Queen Ulabo leads the team on the boards, pulling down 6.2 rebounds per game.
- WKU will hit the road to face Charlotte (2/17) and Old Dominion (2/19) next week.
How to Follow the Lady Toppers: For complete information on WKU Lady Topper Basketball, visit WKUSports.com or follow the program via social media @LadyTopperHoops on Twitter, @LadyTopperHoops on Instagram and on Facebook at facebook.com/WKUWomensBasketball.